Friday, December 7, 2018

Final Reflection

1.) The most formative experience I have had in this class was going out to campus and conducting interviews with random students to identify opportunities and later to find out more about the issues students were having with purchasing textbooks. I found that it was nice to connect with random students I would not normally encounter in classes and realize that a lot of us college students were dealing with the same financial struggles of overpaying for basic educational resources. I don't know if there is a lot I will remember about this class when I look back years from now. I am sorry about this but while this class was nice, I don't think it had the impact on me that was intended which is fine. Due to this, I did not really encounter a particularly joyous occasion nor one I was exceptionally proud of.

2.) I do not see myself as an entrepreneur at all. I did not develop a significantly more entrepreneurial mindset than what was already there before I started this class. I suppose I do try to identify entrepreneurial opportunities more now than before which is definitely a progression towards that mindset.

3.) My one advice to students who are going to take this class is to do all of the assignments or as many of them as possible. It is easy to look at one assignment that requires more effort than the others and think it is only 3 points so I can skip it. They add up quickly and before you know it, that mindset costed you an entire letter grade. To do the best in this class, get ahead of the weekly schedule and complete a few assignments ahead of time since they are always available to you. Doing this is the best way to ensure you won't miss any assignments and you can use the extra time you have focusing on other classes that require more effort. I don't feel that I am qualified to give advice on what to do to foster an entrepreneurial mindset but one thing that stands out to me is try to look around your every day world, the problems you find in it, and come up with a possible solution. These problems are where business opportunities are found so this would be a good start to developing an entrepreneurial mindset.

Image result for entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment