Friday, October 26, 2018

Create A Customer Avatar

     After conducting numerous interviews with people I identified as being within my target segment, I feel that I have a good understanding of who my typical customer would be. If I had to create a customer avatar for my target segment, it would be a twenty year-old male or female. This is because my product is an online textbook service that offers cheaper alternatives to buying textbooks for classes. Such a product would be most used by college students, which is why the 20 year old avatar is perfect.
      The twenty year-old student would be someone who is someone in college, living either in a dorm or an off-campus apartment, and has very little expendable money. The student enjoys cheap pleasures like drinking at mid-town, going for a movie, or getting a bite to eat with some friends. These students typically do not have a lot of external responsibilities or obligations such as having children. Many of them work small part-time jobs to help supplement whatever income they have. This college student watches shows like the Office, Game of Thrones, Friends, and Breaking Bad. Their tastes are varied generally, but being a young college student in this day and age, I feel that most of them are politically conscious even though this doesn't inherently affect my product. Most of my segment would fall between the ages of 18 to 23 although there could be plenty of potential customers who are outside of this range.
     I feel like I have everything in common with this avatar because I definitely fall into the target segment I am aiming my textbook service at. This is why I came up the idea in the first place, I was trying to find a way to cut down costs incurred by college students. I have the same tastes and many of the same overall perspectives as this customer avatar which comes as no surprise given how it is I came up with my service, identified a target segment, and created this customer avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment