1.) You- I am a fourth year information systems and operations management student at the University of Florida. Most of my skills and work experience is in the customer service sector. All of the jobs I held have required customer service skills including creating a customer service department for a company I interned for this previous summer. I believe this is an asset because I am able to always have the customer in my mind first and make decisions in the best interest of my consumers. If I were to start the online textbook platform, I would want to devote my time and attention into making it as successful as possible and have as many college students using it as possible.
2.) What are you offering to customers?- I am offering an online platform for college students to access their textbooks during the semester for a discounted rate. Rather than paying hundreds of dollars for each individual textbook, students can pay a nominal monthly rate that gives them access to their course materials.
3.) Who are you offering it to?- I am offering this product to students that are in college and need textbooks for their classes. All of these kids will fit in the age group between 18 and 25, have limited disposable income, and are currently taking classes at a university. The biggest thing these students have in common is that they are paying way too much currently for their textbooks.
4.) Why do they care? - The students will care about this platform because textbooks in the United States are way too expensive and they do not have large amounts of extra income that can be spent on books. Therefore, a product that would save them up to 75% of the cost they would have incurred by traditionally buying textbooks would be greatly beneficial to them and students would naturally care is such a platform is offered.
5.) What are your core competencies? - My biggest core competency is that willingness to adapt and adjust to new situations. Additionally, because of the nature of my major, I have a lot of technical skills that would greatly aid me in developing this platform.
I am confident that the above elements fit together well enough to help my business concept be successful should I choose to actually start it. The skills I have in customer service and the technical abilities that are a part of my core competencies will help me significantly in creating a successful online platform for textbook access. Additionally, I think that since what I am offering is so beneficial and comparatively inexpensive, students will be legitimately have interest in it, which would also aid in the platform being successful. The two biggest pieces of feedback I got that I used for the second idea napkin is that I needed to really talk about what about me would help the platform be successful and why would students care about the platform? I was told to elaborate on both of these points more than initially, which I have tried to do.
Hi Ajay, I can see you have a steady platform with everything you've stated in your idea napkin. Plus everything that you have to offer matches up with the need of the target customers that you had addressed. I also had to adjust the way I portrayed my product and provide further info on how beneficial it is and the purpose it is serving.
ReplyDeleteHey Ajay, Great work here. If students could have somewhere to buy or access textbooks at a discounted cost that would be wonderful. Also a monthly rate to access textbooks would be awesome. If you made this into a legit business you would be extremely successful and make many students happy.
ReplyDelete