Friday, November 30, 2018

Celebrating Failure

1.) I can think of numerous instances this semester that I failed in but one incident that comes to mind in terms of this class is when I did not do the elevator pitch assignments. I have missed all of them even though I did not intend to. The first one was due around the time that I was buried with my midterm exams. The next two elevator pitches were easily doable but I procrastinated on them until finally I was too busy both times to actually complete the assignments.

2.) The biggest thing I learned from this particular failure is that I need to seriously work on my time management skills. I left 9 points on the board in this class because of my complacency, which is inexcusable. It is going to be the difference in why my grade in this class won't be as high as it could be which is irritating.

3.) How I handle failure is to dwell on it for enough time that I am able to see what caused the failure and how I could keep myself from making similar mistakes. The key is to not dwell on my failures too long because it gets harder to accomplish anything when there is a fear of failure. One has to take their failures and grow from it. I do not think this class has changed how I handle failure and I do not think this class has led to me becoming a more risk-seeking person.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ajay, once again another great post. I too had some failures this semester that stemmed from this class, as well as other classes this semester. I feel that failures are also a growing process through college and what really matters is that we grow from them. Also failures will always occur it just matters what you learn from them to avoid doing them again.

    ReplyDelete