The book I read for my third reading reflection was Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker
1.) Drucker splits his book into three parts that focus on Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and entrepreneurial strategies. In this first part of the book, Drucker defines innovation which he says is basically the exploitation of any change that gives a competitive business advantage. The second part focuses on management of a new venture, existing venture, or public institution. Drucker argues that all of these establishes requires management with an entrepreneurial mindset because that facilitates success. All organizations must acquire entrepreneurial competence to keep pace with changes in economy and society.
2.) The entire book is focused on the need for an entrepreneurial mindset and strategies to help grow any potential idea a person has into a successful business venture. It talks about taking time to seek opportunities in a fast-paced world and how those opportunities must be utilized. That is exactly what we spent the first part of the semester doing while we were trying to figure out what our business ventures would be.
3.) I would not design an exercise for class from this book. We have more than enough assignments and I personally did not feel like I gained anything profound from this book that can be best learned through some exercise.
Hi Ajay, once again another great post. I can see from the book you read the information provided may have been redundant. This would be because we are already in an entrepreneurship class where all of that material was previously covered. Furthermore, I do agree with the choice on not providing an exercise because it would serve no purpose.
ReplyDelete