Friday, November 9, 2018

Reading Reflection No.2

1.) The book I read for the second reading assignment was "How To Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big". The general theme of the book is about how the author, Scott Adams, likes to use failure as something that guides him on his path to success. He gives various tips and advice that would be useful in finding success in an a difficult environment.

2.) The book helped enhance what we are learning in ENT 3003 because the focus of the book is how to overcome failure and have it work for you which I believe is necessary for this class where the goal is to learn about becoming a successful entrepreneur. When trying to operate a successful business, failure is a natural part of the process. Thus, a book that teaches how to turn that failure into success greatly enhances what we are learning in this class.

3.) Adams talks about prioritizing activities based on the amount of energy it takes up. One activity I would design for this class is to have students list out their daily activities based on the amount of energy each activity takes up starting with what takes the most energy all the way to what requires the least amount of energy.

4.) Adams talks about building your life around systems instead of goals because systems are more efficient in the long term than goals. He then explains what is the issue with goals. He talks about how goals are in the future and goals are too specific to where they invite additional opportunities for failure. I found this to be a very new perspective that I had never considered before and it made me realize that designing my life around systems could be a helpful way to live. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ajay, great post once again. From what the author of your book was discussing it is evident that there were valuable lessons to be learned from the book. In addition, you idea for an exercise was very creative and is one that people could actually benefit from. Furthermore, I am interested in reading this book to gain further knowledge on the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete